this bird can sing.

Monday, October 17, 2011

It's Fall!

I love Autumn! It's certainly my favorite time of year. I love sunny, cool, glorious fall days. And I love football. And I love the baseball playoffs. Speaking of which, congrats to my very own hometown boys - the National League Champion St. Louis Cardinals!

Hubs and I had a great, lazy weekend. We headed down to Baltimore on Friday evening for a wind band concert. And then on Saturday, we went to a local orchard to pick our own pumpkins!
Paulus Orchards was a neat place that was hopping on Saturday. You can actually pick your own apples as well. We opted to pick pumpkins and buy some apples in their farm stand. That way, we could get a smaller amount of a couple different varieties.

It was quite a picturesque Autumn afternoon, sunny and just a bit cool. Here was the view of some of their orchards.



We headed down the path toward the pumpkin patch.



There were a lot of pumpkins to choose from, and these cute little red wagons that you could use to tote your haul.



We had fun wandering around the field of pumpkins looking for the ones we wanted.



When we went home, hubs wanted to paint the pumpkins. I have an embarrassingly low level of artistic skill. So he took it upon himself to paint a cat on one and the STL Cards logo on the other (per my request). Our cat Gabs (a.k.a. the most adorable, best cat in the entire world) served as model. While he painted, I read. I read a lot.



Here's our porch. It's looking mighty adorable.



We stole the monogram (is it a monogram if it's one letter?) idea from Megan. Technically my letter is a G since I haven't changed my name. I can't decide what to do about that, so I might as well try on that E via pumpkin.

We're very excited about the Fall Classic getting started on Wednesday. We're showing our St. Louis pride out here in PA - deep in Phillies territory.

Go Cards!

1 comment:

  1. Love the pumpkins! STL... if I'm bored today I may have to steal that idea from you!

    ReplyDelete